ABSnet Internet Services,
If you already have an ABSnet account, and are
making changes to your configuration, this important note applies to
you: If your POP settings are currently set to ANYTHING
OTHER THAN abs.net or mail.abs.net, please DO NOT CHANGE YOUR POP SETTING.
If you change the POP setting to an incorrect value, you will no longer
be able to retrieve your e-mail. Contact ABSnet
support if you are unsure
of what to do!
1. Start the netscape browser (It is not necessary to be
connected to the internet to make these changes, you may
get an error message or the computer may try to establish
a connection to the
internet, cancel the connection and the error message).
Click on the "options" menu at the top of the screen, then click on
"mail and news preferences"
2. Click on the server tab. In the field labeled "Outgoing Mail
(SMTP) Server" type in smtp.abs.net
3. In the field labeled "Incoming Mail
(POP3) Server" type in pop.abs.net
Make sure you have read and understand the important note at the top of this page!
4. In the field labeled "POP3 User Name"
type in your ABSnet username
5. In the field labeled "News (NNTP)
Server" type in news.abs.net
If you are updating from our old configuration and you have
enabled the save password option you must disable this option and
enter your mail password manually (Netscape will prompt
you for it next time
you try to get your mail). After you have
successfully logged onto the mail server
you can enable the save password
setting. If this is a first time set up skip to step 8.
6. Click on the " Organization" tab from the "Mail and
News Preferences" dialog box.
7. Disable the "Remember Mail Password" check box and click on
the "OK" button at the bottom of the screen.
8. Now click on "OK" and Netscape will now act as an email client.
You will be prompted for your password when you activate the
mail function, once
you have entered it you will have access to your email,
and will be able to send and receive email from Netscape.